Disgusting customer service — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disgusting customer service

SylviaMorrison72
SylviaMorrison72 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi everyone I am in a mess at the moment! I have been trying to sort out a cooker. I have been let down on the phone on website and into the store!(which I have been trying to avoid at all costs! I still have not got a working oven. I'm a disabled woman who has health problems too! I'm scared I'm going to be completely let down without a working cooker. It has absolutely drained me my mental health is bad as I had a hard time in/with the hospital now all this among other things! Its actually making me Ill.  Is there anything I can do? I even was given an email address which doesn't work! 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Did you buy a new oven? If so then where did you purchase this from? and when did you buy it?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @SylviaMorrison72 more detail is needed before advice can be givens poppy says was it new, who you brought it from and one other how did you pay (I ask as a credit card gives you S75 protection), was it a high street name you got it from? if so the email address for their HO should be out there online.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• davegregson40
    davegregson40 Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    edited November 2020
    I remember a similar situation and I took advice and guidance from both the Money Advice Service and Trading Standards and raised a ticket for the case which helped when it came to providing evidence to resolve the dispute. What I do know is that also from recent experience you can get a universal credit advance to cover items such as household essentials like a cooker.
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2020

I'm not sure what's happened to your comment but it's rather long, with just a small amount of advice. If you could edit your comment and reduce the size of the box it would be much better because it's a long way to scroll down.

Getting a UC budgeting advance will totally depend on the persons circumstances. Firstly they need to be claiming UC or certain means tested benefits for at least 6 months. Not everyone is entitled to an advance payment. Details here. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/on-universal-credit/budgeting-advance/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @davegregson40 Just to let you know I've edited and reduced the size of your box :) Pesky gremlins in the system! 

@SylviaMorrison72 Please let us know how you get on with your cooker.  I'd ring the company that you ordered it from and explain how essential it is.  Fingers crossed they can speed up the delivery.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • SylviaMorrison72
    Hi @poppy123456 @woodbine, @davegregson40 thanks for response I bought the cooker new in January online. It is curry's that I used. The email for customer services doesn't work. Bounced back! I have spent all my afternoons on phone to be put on hold then cut off after starting to explain etc. I even used the messenger service on fb.  I still haven't got anywhere 
  • poppy123456
    Sorry, i'm still confused. Did you have the cooker delivered and it's now not working or it wasn't delivered and you're still waiting for delivery?

• SylviaMorrison72
    @poppy123456 I had a cooker new and fitted! But the thermostat is faulty. It burns everything! Been waiting for it to be fixed. I have now had to go to another company to get a cooker.

Brightness