Question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,371 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hello to Scope Community 
I was thinking about writing a BBC television script programme but the programme I have to stay in accommodation at Melwood in London studio for three months and the rest, of course, you can do from home but because I need extra help to get ready and other things so I don't whether to go for this opportunity,
I have my own idea for a script for the BBC programme and there is an opportunity to get to work on Holby city or Eastenders sets 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you want to do it and believe in yourself then go for it @Globster. Obviously it might be wise to contact them beforehand to discuss any needs you may have, as well as consider the health risks surrounding the pandemic.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Globster you only live once take every opportunity..go for it !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,577 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would go for it. If it doesn’t work out at least you tried but if you don’t try you will never know.

Here is a saying that I like: “the things I’ve regretted most in life are not things I’ve done, but things I haven’t done”.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I also think there's no harm in going for it @Globster! But agree that you should contact them beforehand to see what could be put in place to make the opportunity accessible and safe. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    Just wondering what your reservations are?

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,371 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @littleacorn my things that are putting off going for this opportunity is I would have to say in London for 3 months and I need help personal care that why I have decided not to to go opportunity 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    Just thinking why do you have to go to London? If MP's can do their work through zoom why cant you?
  • Globster
    Options
    @Chloe_Scope
    @Tori_Scope
    @littleacorn
    Hello just received from the BBC writer who would welcome my unsolicited work and then they work to cross that bridge if I got through the process

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well fingers crossed you get through the process then @Globster :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    That sounds positive @Globster

• Globster
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    The reason why I want to do this opportunity is show that people with disability can write television programmes but I know I am a norist in this area but I am willing to try this 

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    That's a really great reason to be doing it @Globster :) And I think having the mindset of just wanting to give it a go is a good thing! Fingers crossed it works out.

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Globster
    I entered a BBC writers room script writing competition many years ago.
    Needless to say, I didn't win lol.
    But it was a very interesting and fun thing to do.
    Do take part, you have nothing to lose.
    Good luck!
  • Globster
    Options
    @Cress
    I appreciate your kind words I use to live in fear but I was scared of failure and use to get disheartened but I never tried to do it again but I have found my poetry has shown me that I can achieve anything I put my mind to. I now use failures as learning experiences. I now have  positive attuide  to life in general

• Globster
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    I have put this opportunity off for now because gcse English course is going to be running next year 

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    That's understandable @Globster, it'll be good to get the GCSE English under your belt first. 

• Globster
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    Hello, Tori, Do you reckon to write tv Drama scripts for television for one of the submission windows after finished my GCSE English course

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    Hey @Globster :) I think it depends on how much time you think you'll have. You don't want to overwhelm yourself! It's perfectly fine to wait until after you've finished your GCSE. 

Perhaps you could look into doing a script writing course after you've got your GCSE? 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    @Globster if you're writing for Eastenders, make sure it's super depressing, no one smiles or anything :smiley:

Brightness