I'm a celebrity... get me out of here official chat thread — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm a celebrity... get me out of here official chat thread

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
Did anyone catch last night's first show?  If so, what did you think to the castle and this years contestants?  Any early favourites? 

Personally, I love this year's setting and thought it really showed off some of Wales beautiful landscape and culture.  I'll be interested to see how Mo Farah copes without his regular exercise and I thought Jordan being nauseous was quite funny  :D  

Also, it brought a bit of 'normality' to lockdown and was nice to see on my telly again! 
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I might be out of date/touch but I thought it was set in the Australian outback? :o Is it to do with Covid that they cannot travel?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes @66Mustang change of venue due to covid 

@Cher_Scope I watched it love this programme thinking of Jordan he also looks terrified for tonight's trial 
    Not got a favourite as yet 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @66Mustang Here's a Radio Times article that explains where it is.

@janer1967 oh poor lad.  Now the public have seen how scared he gets he will no doubt get voted for loads of trials  :D

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi @Cher_Scope. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that perhaps I'm the only person in the country who dislikes "I'm a Celebrity..." so much that I refuse to watch it.
    I think, really, these people don't have any problems or pain or adversity in their lives so we have to create some unpleasant situations for them to endure? And how can this possibly be "fun" for anyone to have to watch people squirming with fear and disgust? Sorry, I cannot consider this to be entertaining... 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @Oxonlady Yes, it's not everyone's cup of tea.  In-fact, my partner agrees with you and refuses to watch it if they are doing any trials so you aren't alone! 

I think for the celebs its purely motivated by money and fame, while for us viewers, we get a kick out of seeing famous people in uncomfortable situations!  There's nowt as odd as folk.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I think Ant and Dec make the show what it is, whoever writes their jokes deserves several prizes. I love the whole show, but without them I think it would lose a lot of viewers.
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
     we love it, but know its not for everyone, my wife and i watch it together, really enjoy it
  • Ross_Alumni
    Who do you want to win this year @Grinchy?

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Grinchy
    not sure yet, still early days, i'm sure we will have a favourite in a week or so 
  • Ross_Alumni
    You're spot on there I think :) 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm with you @Oxonlady - you're not alone; I don't watch it either.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Cher_Scope
                                 Thank you so much for starting this thread, I absolutely love this show and I agree with @Ross_Scope, Ant and Dec make this show, without them I'm not sure it would have been going for as long as it has. Good on Jordon last night, he stuck at it and achieved his goal in the trial :) Also, really enjoying the new setting, shows Wales beautiful landscape. I really admire Victoria Derbyshire, she's not in it for the money, she has had a tough time battling Breast Cancer and it has given her a different outlook on life and made her want to try new things outside of her comfort zone, total respect :)  Thank you
  • Ross_Alumni
    I was so nervous for Jordan last night, but yeah I was delighted for him that he did it in the end. Bless, you could tell how terrified he was, they don't normally get that scared.

• Grinchy
    last nights show was great, Jordan did so well, but i think he'll be voted in for every scary sounding trial, makes good tv
    Ant and Dec are ace, love them
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    This is the best TV program of the whole year for me, i love it! I've watched it for many many years. It's a little different this year not seeing them in that usual jungle but i still love it. Ant and Dec are so funny. I just need to make sure i'm not drinking my pepsi while they are talkiing.... Night 3 tonight and can't wait!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Looking forward to the eating trial tonight :) 

• WestHam06
    Brilliant trial last night, again they absolutely smashed it :) I think they are a really good group but it will be interesting to see whether the introduction of the two new celebrities has any impact. Also, what about the questions regarding the weather, really, only 26%. Like the celebrities, I would have chosen 44%, but missed out on the treat :( Please may I ask, has anyone had Welsh cakes before? Thank you
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @WestHam06 I have had Welsh cakes not really my thing as they have dried fruit in them 

They are a bit like in between a scone and a biscuit with dried fruit 
  • Ross_Alumni
    That answer to the weather question did confuse me @WestHam06, I thought it would be the higher answer too, for sure.

How about that eating trial? They always make me feel uneasy.

• WestHam06
    edited November 2020
    Hi @janer1967
                              Thank you so much for the answer, I must admit, I don't think they really sound like my sort of thing either :neutral: Thank you

Brightness