Hi to all — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi to all

Eliz31abeth
Eliz31abeth Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
Apologies i think i just pisted in tbe wrong place
Hi all Im Eliz3abeth. Ive never been on an online forum before so learning my away around.  I dont discuss my diagnosis with the outside world even my closest friends.Even my family dont know just my DH . Hoping to relax here with an understanding community and be more open and kind to myself . - clear

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Hello @Eliz31abeth and welcome to the community, how are you? 

You absolutely have posted in the right place so don't worry, that is if you meant to post in the welcomes section :) 

You've joined a very supportive and fun community, understanding is definitely something you'll find a lot of on here. 

I would suggest taking some time to familiarise yourself with the layout of the community and please feel free to ask questions if you are unsure about anything.

Our virtual coffee lounge is a great place to start, that's where we do things like play games and discuss topics like TV and books. I would also recommend checking your notification settings and personalising those to your taste.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @Eliz31abeth :) As Ross said, we're a supportive and understanding community so there's no pressure to share anything you're not ready to share. That being said, if you do choose to share anything, you'll be met with understanding and no judgement from our lovely members.

Give us a shout if you need anything! I look forward to seeing you around.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Eliz31abeth
    Thank you ross and tori for your welcome messages.
    Im still in big denial but i shall write it
    I have PTSD
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome on board glad you have joined its great here very supportive.  There is no pressure to share anything but feel free to join in 

I look forward to seeing you around 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    I'm really glad you felt able to share that with us @Eliz31abeth :) I know it can be a big thing to process, but we're all here to support you. Many of our other members have PTSD, so I'm sure you'll be able to find people you can relate to. 

One of our other members started a thread on PTSD, which you can read and get involved with herePlease note that you might find this thread triggering as our members spoke about their experiences of PTSD, and I'd advise you to look and respond only if you feel ready.

Feel free to share more if you think that will help. If not, have a look around and get to know our members.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Eliz31abeth
    Thank you for the warning Tori. I realise i do read other peoples trauma's as a way of punishing myself into  making light of what happened to me and that their stories are more serious and i should just shut up and be grateful. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Hi @Eliz31abeth

Thank you for sharing that, I understand it must be hard. You should never feel any pressure to share anything you're not ready to.

We're not here to say who's issues or experiences are worse, we will support and advise people regardless, everybody is given the same respect they deserve, including yourself of course :) 

Are you receiving sufficient support for your PTSD?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Eliz31abeth -   & welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me too. Just join anywhere you'd like to, or visit our virtual 'Coffee lounge' for a chat & some word games. The links to 'Recent discussions' & the 'Coffee lounge' you will find at the top of this page. We have some lovely members who also have PTSD, & you will find a lot of understanding in this group, so you can certainly relax here. :)

Brightness