Tell me about your pets — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tell me about your pets

cupcake88
cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
I have a little dog who’s my world he’s my best friend . He gets me threw my darkest days and my good days . I wish I was well again and able to take him for walks and trips to the beach on a good day I can take him for a 5 min walk but usually I just let him out in the garden as I’m not well enough to go outside most days I miss taking him on Long walks and going on adventures . He loves his food and I like spoil him he makes me happy tell me about your pets x

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    We have a dog and he is a pain in the **** :D

He is a nice dog though :)
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    I love the bones and all other bits of my little dog.
    When I brought him home I expected him to be a bit nervous and maybe missing his mum, but he ran out of his carrier with a big daft doggy smile on his face and ran around licking everyone and wagging his tail.
    He was very fond of my now sadly deceased ragdoll cat and would take every opportunity to try and hump her, she would have none of it...and let him know in no uncertain terms she wasn't that type of cat.
    We bought him his own humpy toys, who would all start out with a different name but all end up being called crusty...for obvious reasons lol ...I love that he may think I look and smell like something he's just dug up but he never judges and loves me anyway....

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I have three cats who are my little mates - Frank, Trinity and Lavender.  All from cat rescue centres and each with their own unique personality.  

Frank is a grumpy old man (14 years old) who demands the finest food.  Trinity (5 years old) is a little scaredy cat who will only interact with you on her terms  :D  While, Lavender (2 years old) is like a little marshmallow flump who will lay on her back with her belly exposed for you to tickle her! 

I can't imagine my home without my lovely pets  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a Siamese male cat named Alfie.He's white with blue eyes so he's rare.  He's 7 and spoilt rotten but he's my baby! I don't let him out unless i'm in the garden watching him. He sleeps next to me on my bed at night. Actually, if he doesn't come to bed i'll get up and go and find him lol. Can't sleep without my boy.

He's scared of everything, even his tail. lol. Doesn't like my grandson either and always goes upstairs when he's here. He drinks from a glass, yes a glass lol. He won't drink his water if it was in a dish, very spoilt boy and definitely the boss. <3<3

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 66Mustang
    Have you heard the saying that cats don’t have owners, they have staff :D
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    I have a plaque saying, "we had to get rid of the kids, the cat was allergic"
    They take no prisoners...lol
  • poppy123456
    Cress said:
    I have a plaque saying, "we had to get rid of the kids, the cat was allergic"
    They take no prisoners...lol

Hahaha that made me laugh!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    He drinks from a glass, yes a glass lol. He won't drink his water if it was in a dish, very spoilt boy and definitely the boss.
    This is hilarious @poppy123456 :D That's next level!

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • 66Mustang
    Similar to Poppy our dog will ignore his bowl of dog food and pester us for human food when we are eating! :#

I try to tell people that if you leave him long enough he will eat his dog food but the puppy eyes work on my family members so the dog food ends up going in the bin...!
  • poppy123456
    He drinks from a glass, yes a glass lol. He won't drink his water if it was in a dish, very spoilt boy and definitely the boss.
    This is hilarious @poppy123456 :D That's next level!

I have a very unique cat! I can leave any sort of meat out in the kitchen, raw or cooked and he wouldn't touch it. Although it would be a different story if it was tuna or prawns lol.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 Both my kitties drink from glasses! One will also drink from a running tap. 
  • poppy123456
    @Waylay we just have to love our pets! my cat will also drink from a running tap.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    This is Titan. He is not my cat. ;)
  • Tori_Scope
    Did you intend to attach a photo @Waylay

• mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    We're all allergic to fur and feathers so for us it's fins and scales! 
    This is Charlie about a year ago when he was a youngster. He's a crested gecko. 

We also have fish, aquatic snails and shrimp too. 

It was my childhood dream to have aquariums but when I was more able bodies and working full time I just didn't have time.... So that's a bonus of being at home more! 

Charlie lives ina. Large glass vivarium which is like a jungle in a class tank complete with plants, soil, bugs that process the waste and so on weeks I'm unwell Charlie is very happy in his little bit of jungle hunting crickets and fruit food... And when I am well he is soo cool hanging on to me, jumping just generally being adorable.
    Yup let's are awesome aren't the e!! 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @mossycow Ahh Charlie is so cute!  Thank you for introducing him to us :)  

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    I just wanted to show you all my how my little work colleague Lavender likes to help me  :D  By attacking the wires under my laptop.  

• kittykat55
    kittykat55 Scope Member Posts: 25 Courageous
    i have 6 cats  and a little chihuahua, the cats are called Pix ( black moggie ) Ivan, Bobo, Buddy and Ziggy ( all bengals and complete nutters lol ) plus a Manx that looks just like Bagpuss/Garfield.  I love them all so much and they get me through everything although I need a bigger bed as they all insist on sleeping with me n my hubby
  • Cher_Alumni
    @kittykat55 Wow 6 cats!! What a cute set of names too.  Have they been okay with your Christmas tree?  Every morning I go downstairs mine seem to have pulled down several baubles, plus they like chasing each other around it and trying to eat the lights  :o:D

• Tori_Scope
    Oh my - I love Charlie @mossycow

Brightness