Do we have any young bloggers in our community? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do we have any young bloggers in our community?

Comments

• hdeakin
    hdeakin Scope Member Posts: 126 Pioneering
    I really enjoyed collaborating with @Ami2301
    I write a blog 'Hannah's Hope' : https://hannahdeakin.blogspot.com
    My blog is about my journey, supporting others and raising awareness. I hope to make a small difference in the world. I am 29 but feel and look about 18! Lol! ?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there @hdeakin :)

You do look young (you lucky thing) and I'm going to have a nosey around your blog now.  Thank you for sharing it!  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    If anyone fancies a read, I've just done this evening's entry on my Blog (see link earlier in the post)

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2020
    hdeakin said:
    I really enjoyed collaborating with @Ami2301
    I write a blog 'Hannah's Hope' : https://hannahdeakin.blogspot.com
    My blog is about my journey, supporting others and raising awareness. I hope to make a small difference in the world. I am 29 but feel and look about 18! Lol! ?
    I'm 44 but I look about 28 according to Facebook, I don't mind, as long as I look old enough to get served in most Pubs (when they're open during lockdown) or buy Beers/Dad's annual bottle of Whisky from Tesco without getting age questioned! Although I did get age questioned last year in Tesco by some [removed by moderator - use of language] who thought I was under 21, I wouldn't mind but this particular assistant clearly knows I must be at least 43 as I was 20 when I worked with her up at the Netto on placement from College from October 96 to July 97.

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi  @Cher_Scope
                                  I hope that you are well. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I don't have a blog but have read some really good ones including ones that @Chloe_Scope has written which are so good. I have considered writing a blog but always felt that I wouldn't be very good at it, maybe it's something I'll have to really think about? Thank you. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @WestHam06 I think it'd definitely be worth more thought.  You always write well on here and have lots to say about interesting subjects so I'm sure your blog would be equally brilliant. 

If you need any advice on how to get started be sure to ask the bloggers on this thread :)  

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • [Deleted User]
    I don't hink Ami's seen last night's edition of mine yet has she?

• WestHam06
    Hi @Cher_Scope
                                  Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words, I greatly appreciate them. I may well ask some of the bloggers here on this thread if they would kindly explain how they got started if that would please be ok? Thank you
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @WestHam06 my first writing a blog post/guest blog experience actually began with Scope. I was asked if I would like to share my volunteering experience and I decided to write about how volunteering helped my recovery.

I was nervous at first as I'd never written a piece that would be published online, it was quite daunting to be honest. But I found that once I started writing, I just couldn't stop and found that I enjoyed writing. This made me realise that I wanted to keep writing and seeing other young disabled people sharing their experiences on their blogs inspired me to start my own.

I will try and help where I can if you have any further questions :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • hdeakin
    hdeakin Scope Member Posts: 126 Pioneering
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @Cher_Scope
                                  Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words, I greatly appreciate them. I may well ask some of the bloggers here on this thread if they would kindly explain how they got started if that would please be ok? Thank you
    Hi @WestHam06 it was suggested to me when I was about 16 in hospital but initially I thought what would I write about? Then about 10 years later aged about 26 I started my blog 'Hannah's Hope' https://hannahdeakin.blogspot.com (feel free to have a nose around!) My last post was actually a podcast with  @Ami2301 I am hoping to post a new blog post tonight. The aim of my blog is to raise awareness, share experiences and provide aupport to others so hopefully they feel less alone. ?
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ami2301
                            Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl :) I hope that you are all well. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me, I really appreciate it. I think that I'm worried that what I have to say may not be important but maybe it's something I'm just going to have to try. Please may I ask, when and if the time is right, what format is best to set a page up on for the blog? Thank you
  • WestHam06
    Hi @hdeakin
                          How are you? Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me, I really enjoyed looking around and will be sure to look out for your new blog tonight :) I also really enjoyed listening to your interview with @Ami2301, it was really interesting and informative though I was sad to hear of @Ami2301 and her husband's experience in A&E,  that should have been handled very differently. Thank you to both yourself and @Ami2301 for sharing the interview. I am really keen to explore the idea of a blog but as I said to @Ami2301 I worry that what I have to say won't be important enough or embraced in the way it is intended. I think it is something I am just going to have to try :)  Please may I ask, how and where would you recommend starting a blog? I have started a few posts here on the community, would you recommend just to continue here to build confidence and learning opportunities? Thank you. Also, please may I ask, what is the best format to start a blog on? Many thanks for taking the time to read this, thank you.

• Ami2301
    edited November 2020
    You're very welcome and thank you very much  @WestHam06 :) I felt exactly the same before I started my blog. I still have days where I think my opinions and experiences don't matter. But they really do matter. Each and every one of our opinions/experiences/stories are unique and valued.

I recommend WordPress, its the platform I use. Its totally up to you how you format your writing, each person has their own style which, I feel, is what makes them different. I write my blogs as if I were talking to friends (if they are personal posts), if I'm writing about an experience then I would write it with the intention of the reader would learn something, gain a new perspective, etc.

I think you'd make a fantastic blogger :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    For what it's worth, I also think you'd make a fantastic blogger @WestHam06. I think you have a lot of important and interesting things to say, and you're a really good writer! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • [Deleted User]
    @Ami2301 I've literally just done tonight's entry if you wanna have a read.

• Ami2301
    Am up to date with your posts now @MrAllen1976 :)
  • [Deleted User]
    There'll be another one tonight.

• Lucy411
    Lucy411 Scope Member Posts: 74 Courageous
    edited November 2020
    I have a blog, https://inclusivelivingconcepts.com. I'm 34 so I'm guessing I'm too old to be involved? I have some followers but looking for ways to grow my online presence and chat with others. Should I create a new thread?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Feel free to chat about your experiences in a new post @Lucy411 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Cher_Alumni
    @Lucy411 That looks mightily interesting, we'd love to hear more about it on a new thread!  

Also, sometimes we have guest blog posts written by our members.  If this sounds like something you'd be interested in doing, drop us an email to community@scope.org.uk with any ideas :) We could include a link to your blog and hopefully get you some more followers.

Brightness