Powerchair charging — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Powerchair charging

Pinkpoppy
Pinkpoppy Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hi everyone
I have recently acquired a quickie 300 power chair, which I'm finding really helpful but a nightmare to charge. The charger is really big and heavy so I'm finding it difficult to move but the main problem is that it has two lights on it which at some point doing the charge flash very brightly so that if I charge it overnight it keeps me awake! Does anyone else have these problems? And if so, what do you do about it? I really need some help, as it's driving me potty! I've contacted the mobility centre who supplied it but as yet the engineers haven't come up with anything.
Many thanks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi cant you just cover the charger with something so you cant see the lights like a loose box ? That you can slide over top 
  • Pinkpoppy
    I tried that but it just shone through the joins, and the engineer said it was a potential fire risk as it gets quite hot! Thanks for the suggestion though. 
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hi @Pinkpoppy I’m Emma, I’ve encountered the same problem with mine, same make different model. The only fix for us is to charge it for a bit and then take it off charge before you go to sleep otherwise, half my room lights up with the light. I know it’s not a great solution but that’s the only one we’ve managed to come up with.
  • Pinkpoppy
    Thank you so much Emma. I was beginning to think I was the only one experiencing this problem, so it's reassuring to know it's not just me! Your solution is similar to what I've been doing, in that I put it on charge in the evening when I'm planning to watch a longer TV programme.  As you 
  • Pinkpoppy
    Oops!
    As you say, its not ideal, but it seems the only way. Not a great design though.
    Thanks again.
    Jayne
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Just waiting to get quickie 200 is the charger the same for this one aswell?
  • Pinkpoppy
    Don't know for sure but I suspect it is. If so, I have to warn you that the charger unit is big and cumbersome compared to my last powerchair. But the chair itself is brilliant!  Very compact and powerful.
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    @Pinkpoppy No worries at all. I hope it helps. Yes, it is a definite flaw but like you, my chair runs brilliantly. I hope they alter the charger flash in the future. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Brightness