Are there any songs you love but they make you cry? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are there any songs you love but they make you cry?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
Oh yeah there's one 2 for me, most noteably Amazing Grace and Abide with me, because I associate them with Funerals, also I've just watched "Time to say goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman on YouTube and had to wipe away a tear, that song is SO beautiful.

So anyone else got any others that make them cry? Another one I used to love but made me cry was Torch by Soft Cell, I just think I'd had a hard day at school that day and felt a bit sad anyway lol.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Nobody's Child by Billy Fury; brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I have lots but here are a few 

Everything I am because you loved me - celine dion was played at my dads funeral 

Unbreak my heart - toni braxton 

Angel's in heaven- eric Clapton 

Because of you - Kelly Clarkson 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Too many to mention tug at my heart...but the one that has me in floods is "Wires" by the band Athlete.
    Just always took me back to when my first son was born and the problems he had...
    It was actually about one of the bands own children...
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    How long will I love you, Ellie Goulding 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• [Deleted User]
    The song "Baby of mine" in the original Dumbo, fortunately they didn't use it in last year's remake! Gets me crying every time!

• leeCal
    I wish I could fly by Keith Harris and Orville the duck sometimes makes me cry...but not in a good way ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• [Deleted User]
    leeCal said:
    I wish I could fly by Keith Harris and Orville the duck sometimes makes me cry...but not in a good way ?
    You'll be sad to learn that Keith Harris passed away a few months back then.

I used to love the shows, although even at the age of 5 I thought the Monkey was annoying.

• leeCal
    @MrAllen1976 so Orville must be needing a hand

(RIP Keith Harris)

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Jennifer Rush - The power of love (reminds me of my beloved nannan)

Nilsson - Without you  :'(
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Thank you for starting this great thread @MrAllen1976

No right to love you- Rhys Lewis
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Quite a few of the songs you have already listed make me cry, Amazing Grace and the The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush. Another song that I can't listen to is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. A few years ago my mom had a really bad stroke and nearly died. Chasing cars had just come out then and it was always on the radio and so I associate the song with the time my mom nearly died.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    @debs74 Aww I'm sorry about that.  Some songs just really take you back to certain times and places don't they.  Chasing cars is a beautiful song, but I have to agree, it makes me emotional too.  I hope your mum is doing better now  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Sorry Cher_Scope. I have only just see your message. My Mom is much better now thankyou but it a few years ago now, Chasing Cars was released in 2006.

Brightness