Omersa New Bug Four Wheel Base — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Omersa New Bug Four Wheel Base

Guest Community member Posts: 1,968 Listener
Hi i'm wondering if anyone can help. My little boy has just recieved his buggy from wheelchair services. The problem i'm finding is it is not supplied with any accessories e:g raincover. I have found a raincover that will fit but as the buggy has no hood for support the raincover just collapses. I have foun a place that can order the hood and sell it but it is going to cost

Comments

• Cheryl01
    Cheryl01 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi i'm wondering if anyone can help. My little boy has just recieved his buggy from wheelchair services. The problem i'm finding is it is not supplied with any accessories e:g raincover. I have found a raincover that will fit but as the buggy has no hood for support the raincover just collapses. I have foun a place that can order the hood and sell it but it is going to cost
  • glitteryb
    glitteryb Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Does your son get a lot of colds or chest infections? if so Wheelchair services should have provided the hood and raincover with the buggy, we got ours for this reason.
  • lesley101180
    lesley101180 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    [quote name='glitteryb' date='Feb 1 2010, 08:44 PM' post='34340']
    Does your son get a lot of colds or chest infections? if so Wheelchair services should have provided the hood and raincover with the buggy, we got ours for this reason.
    [/quote]
    i went throught the same thing and the hospital said they would help......but they never did and i had to pay out over
  • mummytotwo
    mummytotwo Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi Cheryl, My daughter also has the Ormesa Bug and she got the hood which includes the raincove,r as glitteryb said, as she has chest and breathing problems. You should look into this but if your not entitled mothercare do a weathershield raincover that does not need a hood to stay up for only
  • Cheryl01
    Cheryl01 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you everyone. Alex does have breating and chest problems and has only recently left hospital from having pneumonia. I will enquire again with them. Thanx again
  • jayce101
    jayce101 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi did you have a fight to get your bug nobody in kent can get one from wheelchair clinic. can you give me some ideas how to go about this and if poss what clinic issued your so i can try and get one as my one have said it would be the best chair for him but they do not provide them and would give me a

Brightness