Council cuts funding with no notice! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Council cuts funding with no notice!

mamalewis
mamalewis Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Has anything like this happened to you?

My nursery emailed the council this week to ask how they go about getting reimbursed for the 15 hours of one-on-one support they were promised for my daughter. The council emailed them back and said "sorry there is no more money."

That was it - no reason, no warning, and still no call to my husband and I to even inform us.

I wondered if anyone else had come across this since the election. The council told my nursery in a conversation that now that it is a Tory government there is no more money. But, the Tories only got in a few weeks back!

Shocking.

Comments

• renacahill
    renacahill Community member Posts: 145 Courageous
    Hello

We have not got as far as nursery yet. Did your daughter have statement?. I thought it was a legal obligation if they have a statement to fund the one to one? I'm not sure at all though so ask the CAB to find out for you and start fighting!!
    Good luck
  • shrek
    shrek Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    your council cannot do this as the one on one worker need to be payed they have to give you one month notice
    they have to tell you y they are stoping it and what they are going to put in place to help your daughter at nursery
    i would fight them all the way
    your shrek

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.