Disability toys — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability toys

stephanie87
stephanie87 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, for christmas I want to buy my 2 year old son with cp some disability toys that we see in his development centre and I have ordered a catalogue but cant seem to find what I want, has anyone bought any special toys and if so is there anywhere you can recommend?

Comments

• renacahill
    renacahill Community member Posts: 145 Courageous
    Hi

Fledglings have a reasonable range of toys for special needs. If you go onto ebay and put in 'special needs' there are shops on there with SN toys. I am sure there are other outlets.

A lot depends on your sons level of movement and understanding. My grandson is also 2 and has loads of toys and equipment. Some more successful than others!

Kate xx
  • b8s
    b8s Community member Posts: 33 Listener
    Hi,
    We use a company called TFH who are reliable and have a good selection, but we also have an excellent OT who is more than happy to help us find specific toys that are suitable. I usually drop her an e-mail about what development I hope to achieve with the toy and what space I intend using it in (house/ garden) and she will send me websites or pages from catologues.
    You should also take a look at the Cerebra website, they review various special need toys and equipment on there.
    happy shopping
    Charlotte

Brightness