Grants for trikes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Grants for trikes

myjakeys
myjakeys Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
Hello there, could anyone help me i have been told my 6 year old son is eligible for a tomcat trike and i have a letter from my sons occupational threrapist supporting this. I was given a list of charitys who may fund it but i ve been told theirs only a few who will give full funding.Can anyone help me at all and tell me which ones give the full funding , thanks .xxxx

Comments

• ionarowan
    ionarowan Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    We applied for funding last year from Cerebra and they completely funded a trike and trailer trike for my daughter (now 5).

I think I first started the process in early March and had her trike by the end of June.

Cerebra took only 3 weeks and I have to say it was the best thing we've done getting a Tomcat I can highly recommend them.

With Cerebra they wanted two references, one from a professional, so the OT would be fine and they wanted another, for example from a teacher or someone not medical.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • julia059
    julia059 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi my son's trike came from BDF Newlife. I would also have a look at Action for kids. I would also look at local charities as they might fund or part fund a trike - your local library or CAB would have details of local charities.

Brightness