here we go on the CP merry go round - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

here we go on the CP merry go round

Options
2»

Comments

• speedyinpain
    speedyinpain Community member Posts: 52 Listener
    Options
    update

I have had a lot of appointments recently i saw an Orthopaedic surgeon on 28th july regarding ackle lengthening etc. The surgeon felt this would not be a good idea as he said there is a chance that i wouldn't be able to walk, or i'd walk crouching at the knees. He suggested lengthening the muscle around the calf area or something like that. Before any surgery is considered i will have botox injections on my hips and ackles to see if this helps. The consultant feels this will provide more information about my muscles etc

if surgery is done he would remove bunions etc and break the metatarsals bone in my big toes to straighten it out etc

i saw my neuro consultant today 2 August and told them about pins and needles, they are going to refer me for a nerve scan, too make sure there is no damage etc

so while it might seem that i will have a lot of appointments etc in the coming months and pain and discomfort while these procedures are done, i remember that there is always someboby in a worse situation than me.

Andrew
  • panther
    panther Community member Posts: 251 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Andrew

Good luck with all your surgery etc. Word of warning regarding your bunion surgery as you know I had bunion surgery about 3 years ago (there is a post on here all about it!).

I am still having knock on problems because of that surgery and how it has changed the way that I am walking. On Friday I discovered that I need more surgery as I have a piece of bone trying to come through the ball of my foot, which is why I am in so much pain. I need this surgery done on both feet.
    So 2 more lots of surgery as they have got to do them one at a time.

It is to do with the fact that the ball of my foot was made smaller by the bunion being removed and as I still attempt to walk on my toes when I walk even though all my toes are pinned straight. There isn't as much of a cushion on the ball of my foot so bone is pushing through.

If by any chance like me you walk on your toes and they are breaking and pinning any of your toes as part of your bunion surgery be careful all the pins moved when they first did mine including the two that cross over each other where the bunion was as they forgot I toe walked and got me up walking too soon.

Hope all goes well for you though

Helen

Brightness