Bobath centre — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bobath centre

Beaubabylivecouk
Beaubabylivecouk Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited May 2014 in Cerebral palsy
Firstly I would like to thank the lady at scope for telling me about the bobath centre,we have just finished a two week block with my 4year old daughter and I am amazed at the change my daughter has hypotonia low muscle tone and can not walk or crawl the amazing therapist Helen had my daughter putting full weight on her hands in crawling position on week one and the second week she could stand alone for a count of twenty which is amazing as she could not do thisvwith 4 years of local input we can't wait to go back in January !,,,,

Comments

• My_angel
    My_angel Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Great.. I am pleased for your daughters progress!

We are also going to this center in Feb 2013. Did you manage to get funds through NHS or you had to pay from your pocket?

thank you
  • Beaubabylivecouk
    Hi my daughters grandparents paid for this 2 week block but a charity called cerebra are funding the next block...also if u live within an hour,hour and halts drive from bobath centre the have something called helping hand and it's a lot cheaper but u have to be available whenever they can offer app which can be a call the eve before...I honestly can't put in to words what they did in just 2 weeks...other parents in you meet there also see a big difference...if u can any how get the funding you have to go its amazing...it should be offered on the nhs..it would save a lot of money in the long run helping children getting on there feet early
  • Beaubabylivecouk
    [quote=My_angel]Great.. I am pleased for your daughters progress!

We are also going to this center in Feb 2013. Did you manage to get funds through NHS or you had to pay from your pocket?

thank you[/quote]
    Hi my daughters grandparents paid it can take a year to get nhs funding and we didn't want to leave her any longer you will be amazed please let me know how u get on we're also back in feb so might see u there....
  • My_angel
    My_angel Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    hi, we are now taking bobath therapy under helping hands scheme but its not as intensive as I thought it should be, as its spread during six weeks. same positions almost every single sessions, had 8 so far.

just yet I don't see many difference in my daughter hopefully when we finish she will show at least some progress.

all the best
    X

Brightness