conductive education — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

conductive education

salbook
salbook Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi all. my 18 month old is about to begin conductive education. would love to hear from parents whose children have experienced conductive education, and hear your viewpoints on it. If there's anyone out there with experience of Paces school in Sheffield, would be interested to hear your experiences, especially of the parent and child unit. thanks

Comments

• Sinski
    Sinski Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Hi. My son is 3 and has been doing conductive education since he was about 18 months too. We love it. It is really good programme to get CP children moving. However, it needs be done correctly. Conductive education is very target focused so they allow the child to crawl, sit, walk etc.. in the best way they can rather on focusing on perhaps the bobath physio principle of the correct way. My son has made slow steady progress since he started and now attends a CE nursery in London. It is important to still do physio, etc... but we are a massive fan. Good luck.
  • dazphelps
    dazphelps Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    hi . our son has been in conductive education since he was 18 months old , he is now 4 and i cannot praise it enough , he goes once a week for 3 hours and the work they do is wonderful i would def recommend it 
  • April
    April Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Hello,
    My son and daughter have had conductive education all throughout their childhoods. They are adults now. It is definitely worth pursuing. 
    We took our son to Budapest back in the 1990s. He is severely affected with cp, but even so, there are certain things he can do now that I don't think he would have achieved without conductive education. Even tiny improvements are worth it, in my opinion.
    Our daughter is more mildly affected, and we were able to access conductive education here by the time she was old enough to start. She went to a school where they do conductive education.
     Conductive education is less intensive in this country, but I still think it gives them a good start in life. She has learned to walk with sticks, and I do put that down to early intervention with conductive eduction.
    Good luck!

Brightness