Visual Alarm clocks - supplier? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Visual Alarm clocks - supplier?

BusyOT
BusyOT Community member Posts: 76 Listener
Does anyone know of a supplier for visual alarm clocks? My understanding is that they change colour with the time - e.g. red before 7a.m, green after 7a.m.

Comments

• Heather
    Heather Community member Posts: 168 Connected
    Hi
    I've used the Aurora Colour Changing Clock bought through Amazon. Not very expensive and my son likes the colours changing...not that he understands time, but it's pretty!
  • Willow
    Willow Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    There is a range on Amazon
  • BusyOT
    Thanks guys. The Aurora clock, although pretty and a great sensory item, wasn't quite what I needed. I need something to indicate time to get up and time not to get up - after more searching on Amazon I found the Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer (and then found it cheaper in Argos). If it's as good as it looks then this might be the find of the month!! Has anyone used it before?

• fairywishes
    fairywishes Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    I have the 'American Innovative Teach Me Time Talking Alarm Clock and Nightlight' - http://is.gd/2xw1ti (Amazon's listing) which I use with both my children. It's great as you can set it to be on (orange) for one set of times and then change to green for another, i.e. it's on for 7pm to 8am and orange from 7pm-6.30am then turns green. The children know they are meant to stay in bed until it's green. It's expensive but it was one of the best buys I did.
  • BusyOT
    Thanks fairywishes - I'll check that out.
  • socksoff
    socksoff Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Perhaps a bit late on this one but have just found the perfect sleep training clock for my son. It's a monkey clock (and he happens to love monkeys) and the monkey's eyes are open when it's time to get up and closed when it's sleep time - it was £35.00 from JoJo Maman Bebe but worth it as he understood straightaway.

Brightness