the accessibility of music festivals research - interviewees needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

the accessibility of music festivals research - interviewees needed

JULIEQIU
JULIEQIU Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2014 in Research and opportunities
Hello, everyone!

I am Julie, a postgraduate from University of Surrey. I am now conducting a research on the accessibility of UK music festivals. Personally, I am a music lover and festival goer. I am looking for someone who is interested in this topic and willing to share your precious experience with me.

What is the study about?
This study aims to evaluate the current accessible situation of music festivals, especially for people with disability in order to improve knowledge in this area and make contributions to provide a guideline for better outdoor events for people with disability.

What is the participant asked to do?
A short face-to-face or internet (as you preferred) interview will be conducted. The conversation will be around the participants' past experience in any music festivals, such as the ticketing issue (any difficulties occur during your purchase), the accessibility around the venue and towards performance (facilities and staff service), personal feeling (convenience and overall satisfaction and any other suggestions on improvement) and etc. It should take no more than 30 minutes.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me (zq00002@surrey.ac.uk).
Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Comments

• abstractLucas
    abstractLucas Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Sounds really interesting - we've never braved a music festival with Smiler, he has sensory integration disorder (SID) and loud or sudden noises are really distressing to him.
    We go to plenty of other big events though, a definite fave is Bristol Balloon Fiesta, where we put up a little tent where he can hide away from all the fuss when needed, but the wheelchair on the grass can be tricky! Changing facilities can be hard to find too - I imagine that could be a problem at lots of these types of events, there seems to be a lack of recognition that an accessible toilet does not mean it is suitable / useful for everyone!
    Hopefully someone who has braved a music event will be able to help you out!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    There was some contrasting feedback on Scope's Facebook post about music festivals. Some people think festivals are doing well, whilst others think there's a lot of improvements needed.

https://www.facebook.com/Scope/posts/10152511756579806

Whilst I'm not exactly a Dolly Parton fan, I did think it was great to hear she had a BSL interpreter with her on stage during her Glastonbury set!
  • JULIEQIU
    JULIEQIU Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited July 2014
    Thanks, Lucas! Thanks, Alex! Thank you for providing these useful information. Hope there will be more volunteers willing to share their experience like you guys did. Great thanks!

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.