Housing with support — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing with support

Options
Sophie Buckley
Sophie Buckley Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi guys i woñder if you know of any supported living/ group liveing or shelder extra care sheltered hosing in the bormouth/ dorset area for young adult as dirct payments dont work with me! I need 24/7 support but don't cope with live in care

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Options
    Well done taking the initiative in trying to find some suitable accommodation for yourself. Maybe Debbie the 'housing and independent living adviser' can help here? She is extremely good, and might have a few ideas to get you started with.

I've put a link to her page

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/27222/ask-a-housing-and-independent-living-adviser

All the very best in finding somewhere, don't give up until you find the right place for you, that gives you the best possible independence.

Noah
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Wheelperson and hello to you too Noah (thank you for your kind words),

Extra Care Housing is used to describe developments that comprise self-contained homes with design features and support services to enable self-care and independent living. There are approximately 49,000 units of extra care housing in the UK. Most Extra Care Housing residents are older people but this type of housing is becoming popular with people with disabilities regardless of their age.

To help you find some Extra Care Housing schemes, you could try searching www.carehome.co.uk in the Dorset/Bournemouth area. It's a comprehensive directory of care providers and hopefully you will find a suitable scheme there.

Do you mind if I ask what you current living arrangements are and whether you have approached your local council for some housing advice? If you do not feel comfortable talking about it on the community then please feel free to email me directly at helpline@scope.org.uk or call 0808 800 3333.

I will do my best to assist you.

Kind regards
    Debbie

Brightness