Young carers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Young carers

Options
YoungCarerOverHere
YoungCarerOverHere Community member Posts: 45 Connected
I am a young carer and as it is coming up to anti-bullying week I decided to try and make a difference. Many people do not even know what a young carer is, how being one affects you as an individual and what support is in place for young carers who are struggling.

Anyone have any questions in general? I'd be pleased to answer anything. :)

Comments

• Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting. I think it's really important that people are aware of the issues young carers face. Next week we've invited the Young Carers net into the community to answer people's questions, so it would be great if you could pitch in and get involved with that. We'd love to hear your opinions!
  • YoungCarerOverHere
    YoungCarerOverHere Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    That would be ideal Emma- when will this be happening? And where- sorry I am new to this site. xx
  • Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Options
    No worries, it's not always straightforward finding your way around to begin with! So, the Young Carers net are on our community advisors forum here:http://bit.ly/1v9jsJN Do go and introduce yourself, I'm sure they'd love to 'meet' you!

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.