Hi, my name is shirleyc! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is shirleyc!

Options
shirleyc
shirleyc Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2015 in Start here and say hello!
Hi we are brining up (my husband & me ) our 2 year old grandaughter who was diagnosed with ALL LUKEMIA last year we have made the decision to buy a small caravan on the seafront to give her some qaulity of life and put the colour back in her face it won't cure her but in our eyes will allow a healthier life style we desperately needing a ramp and turning point built on to our caravan as at the moment we are struggling to lift her in and out of the caravan our intention is to spend as much time at the caravan as possible which is in EASTER LOTHIAN EDINBURGH we are on benefits who could I contact for funding it's a worrying time Thanks

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options

Hi Shirleyc,

Welcome to the community.

Have you heard of www.turn2us.org.uk? They have a grants database which contains over 3000 charities which you can browse through to find the funding you need.

It might also be worth contacting www.capability-scotland.org.uk/ to see if they are able to advise you of local funding.

It could also be worth getting in touch with your Occupational Therapist to see if they know of any local help with the ramp and turning point.

I hope that you're able to find the funding you need.

Best wishes

Debbie

Brightness