New to the site but not to caring — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to the site but not to caring

carerfor2decades
carerfor2decades Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hiya I am new to this group but not to caring. As the name suggests I have been a caring for 20 years to my daughter K. K is 20 and has disabilities that read like a shopping list, but she is happy & healthy for the most part. True to form I have just managed to 'get in here' and we have to go out. I will be back later but wanted to drop in and say HIYA!

Comments

• Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Hi and welcome! I hope you enjoy being part of the community, and we look forward to learning from your experiences as a carer. If you have any tips you'd like to add to our tips section too, that would be great: https://community.scope.org.uk/tips I'm sure you've picked up plenty of useful ideas over the past 20 years!
  • carerfor2decades
    Hiya Emma, Thank you. I will have a little read through the tips, see if I can pick any up or drop some off. :)
  • carerfor2decades
    Emma is it possible to read in order of date? I am not sure if I am looking in the right places, but some of tips, discussions etc are out of date with so many changes recently and more to come. PIP, Universal Credit, & the recent changes to Carer Allowance.
  • Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Did you click on the tips link I gave you? Alternatively you can click on 'Get a tip or give a tip' in the box on the right-hand side of this page. Please do let us know if any of the tips are out of date, so we can change them!

Brightness