Hi, my name is CarlyEmmy! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is CarlyEmmy!

Options
CarlyEmmy
CarlyEmmy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2015 in Start here and say hello!
Hello everyone,
My 18 month old daughter, Emmy, is in the process of being diagnosed with Diplegic Cerebral Palsy. We are currently waiting for a date for an MRI scan on her brain.
I have joined this community in the hope of advice and support from other parents who have been through a similar process. Many thanks, Carly x

Comments

• Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Options
    Great to have you on the community CarlyEmmy! Please do feel free to post any questions you have on our parents group: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/carers-of-disabled-children-and-adults I'm sure you'll find plenty of parents who've shared similar experiences.
  • ScopeHelpline
    ScopeHelpline Community member Posts: 207 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Carly
    It can be rather a frustrating and worrying time waiting for a potential diagnosis. Just to let you know that you can also ring the Scope Helpline for any information regarding cerebral palsy and disability. We may also be able to offer you a chat with a Scope regional worker for additional local information and advice and we have parent guides to post out, for Parents of Newly Diagnosed Children, if applicable.
    Feel free to contact us anytime now or in the future on 0808 800 3333 or helpline@scope.org.uk
    best wishes

Scope Helpline

Brightness