Concessiery bus pass — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Concessiery bus pass

merlins
merlins Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2015 in Autism and neurodiversity
i thought to post this as not sure if nay one knows about this. I found out some one with learing diffcutiers that affect understanding and taking in infomation as well as one that give you diffcuitly in reading spelling and writing may entile you to a free bus pass from your local concil i dont know if all concil offers this i live in buckinghma and mine dose the form should be on your county cocils site if they do . thought to say about this so that you cna see if you cna get one.

Comments

• YoungCarerOverHere
    YoungCarerOverHere Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Hello :) I know my younger brother has a concessionary pass for travel but I'm don't know whether there is an age restriction. Sorry I couldn't be more help- could your local council website have a query section?
  • Natasha Brown
    Natasha Brown Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
    Hi yes my son has had a freedom pass from local council renewed every 2 years since he was 11 (when he was due to start paying on tube and train. ) for greater London.
    For longer train journeys I use family nd friends card but at some point he may get his own disabled train card
  • lisalouise999
    lisalouise999 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    I think anyone who has a disability can claim a free bus pass, but you do have to check with your local authority
  • squibbbleee1me
    squibbbleee1me Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    lisalouise999, you can,I live in WALES and can get a buss pass anyware in wales but no info on getting one for the rest of the UK, So ive just got a national coach disabled travel card (that makes a big saving on all their coach journeys) I can get a bus to swansea and it only costs me £11.50 open return to taunton somerset.
    Back on subject now........................ive just asked my comunity nurse about getting a full UK travel pass and he said he would sort out the relavent papers/forms to fill in or give me the department that will issue one for me,
    So once i have them ill post them up for printing off (if allowed) or post the department and what you need to ask for.   YEAH, LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL      Tony

Brightness