flat feet for adults — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

flat feet for adults

adamlathamsmith
adamlathamsmith Community member Posts: 54 Connected
i have flat feet need insole as can't walk far with out them and use trainers with ankle ankle support but i am finding that they don't work like they use can i get adult Piedro foot wear on NHS or from privet if NHS won't give me any

Comments

• Lalavcook
    Lalavcook Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hello,

I have had a pair of boots specially made for me on the NHS. I also have orthotics (insoles) made for me by the NHS which I wear in my trainers (they don't fit in smart shoes as my feet are so misshapen!). You should ask for a referral to your local orthopaedic team (if you are anywhere near London, I recommend the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital) and they can refer you to an orthotist. I'm not sure if your GP can refer direct to an orthotist, but it's always worth asking.

Good luck! I know how it feels!
  • adamlathamsmith
    please can you tell me company that the ohs use to order piedro footwear from
  • adamlathamsmith
    have had my appointment about flat feet but they will not give my any boots but i have 2nd appointment to see how i am doing will try again then to get the boots if no i will go privet
  • adamlathamsmith
    also in the piedro footwear how strong is Rehabilitation Stiffener to other footwear in the stops and on line
  • adamlathamsmith
    it has take me 2  years but got help with the NHS with boots 
    my feet feet have got worse of the last few year to the point where was sometimes in  wheelchair when getting about 

I had appiopont few days ago there will give boots with lost of padding in them and polypropylene plastic  in them as I am getting pain in ankles as well and  would still need to use my insoles in the boots as well

what is polypropylene plastic in the boots 

Brightness