flat feet — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

flat feet

adamlathamsmith
adamlathamsmith Community member Posts: 54 Connected
i have flat feet need insole as can't walk far with out them and use trainers with ankle ankle support but i am finding that they don't work like they use can i get adult Piedro foot wear on NHS or from privet if NHS won't give me any

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    edited November 2015
    Yes adult Pedro boots are available on the NHS should you require them for mobility. It may depend on the area you live tho and what your primary care trusts policy is.

Adult Pedro boots can also be purchased online from several different retailers, although I have never bought any so difficult for me to recommend.

You mention your splints don't work like they use to, what do you think the problem is? Have you asked your orthotic department for a review? There are many different splint designs out there, and I do understand how important it is to have footware amd splints setup correctly. Sometimes a different shoe can effect how the the splint functions.
  • adamlathamsmith
    thank you for help so far
    i have try different trainers for over 5 years and i feel they are not giving me the ankle support that i need even with insoles
  • Noah
    edited November 2015
    Adult Pedro boots may give you the ankle support that you require. You may also find a hinged afo helpful in supporting your ankle. The best thing to do would be to arrange an review appointment with your orthotics department so all available options can be assessed for suitability.

Keep us posted and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Noah
  • Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    edited November 2015
    I don't wear piedros myself, but do know that the main company for these is Gilbert & Mellish
    http://www.gilbert-mellish.co.uk
    May be worth giving them a call. Hope this helps.
  • adamlathamsmith
    edited November 2015
    i now have a date and time about flat feet
    also in piedro footwear whats the extended stiffeners and corset stiffener
  • Noah
    Sorry I don't know what the extended stiffener or corset stiffner is. I guess they are options you can add to a Piedro boot according to your individual requirements. Your orthodist is best placed to advise you. Well done for getting an appointment. Please let us know how you get on.

Noah
  • adamlathamsmith
    please can you tell me company that the ohs use to order piedro footwear from
  • Noah
    I think it depends on the NHS trust, yet I do know that a number of NHS trusts use http://www.gilbert-mellish.co.uk

Hope that helps
  • adamlathamsmith
    have had my appointment about flat feet but they will not give my any boots but i have 2nd appointment to see how i am doing will try again then to get the boots if no i will go privet
  • adamlathamsmith
    also in the piedro footwear how strong is Rehabilitation Stiffener to other footwear in the stops and on line
  • adamlathamsmith
    edited February 2018
    it has take me 2  years but got help with the NHS with boots 
     I thick the mean reason was because feet have got worse of the last few year to the point where was sometimes in  wheelchair when getting about 

I had appiopont few days ago there will give boots with lost of padding in them and polypropylene plastic  in them as I am getting pain in ankles as well and  would still need to use my insoles in the boots as well

what is polypropylene plastic in the boots 

• adamlathamsmith
    sorry I should have where my flat feet have got worse I am now use a wheelchair sometime to help me getting about

Brightness