prom transport — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

prom transport

Options
sjt61
sjt61 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
hope that this sort of post is ok on her but I'm running out of ideas of where to ask. My daughter Courtney has Cerebral Palsy and is in a wheelchair, she is 1 of 4 children and we have always tried to treat her the same, obviously.!! We'll now its time to start thinking about prom for next year. When my eldest went to his he had the works, expensive suit, tan, hair, car etc etc. Now it's Courtneys turn but we have hit such a problem finding transport for her. All wheelchair vehicles are coming up are taxis which she uses day in day out to go to school in anyway. Feeling really deflated at the moment and left wondering if anyone may be able to help. I've done the obvious google search and contacted elite car rentals etc from all over, we are in the midlands and Ive even contacted places in Scotland lol. Any help or advise would be much appreciated :-)

Comments

• the_velvet_girl
    the_velvet_girl Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Options
    My friend had a London style taxi at her wedding which was white in colour and had baloons and ribbons on it which matched her Bridesmaids dresses. It was really pretty.
    Another option might be to contact your local RDA and see if they have a wheelchair accessable carriage they could hire out for something a bit different.
  • sjt61
    sjt61 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your message. I shall try our rda in the morning and see if they can help <span>:smile:</span>

Brightness