PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
lovemykids8
lovemykids8 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Free Online Courses.

Comments

• lovemykids8
    Options
    I have being waiting 8 weeks to here about my pip had no DLA since November
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 126 Listener
    Options
    Hey lovemykids8

That's odd- potentially concerning! Are they taking their time deciding on whether or not to award? or are you waiting to be assessed? or waiting for an appeal decision? (if appeal - what level/stage?)

-B x

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi lovemykids8,

Could you tell me a bit more about what has happened and what led to your DLA payments ceasing? It's concerning that the DLA has stopped because it should remain in place until a decision has been made on the PIP claim. People can easily slip through the net at this stage. Have you sought advice about this from a local advice service? If you want to talk some more about this but don't want to do it in public, contact me at the helpline and I'll talk it through with you.

Best Wishes
    Debbie
  • lovemykids8
    Options
    I missed appointment because I was deppison and sister died there stop my DLA I had another appointment on 18 February I wait for decision it being 8 weeks now I was on DLA for 14 years
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Was this an appointment for the assessment that you missed?

I'm sorry this has happened to you, it sounds like you've been through a really tough time already and now have to wait for a decision. Were they aware of the problems with your health and the death if your sister? Maybe they could have made some allowances so that your DLA could have continued? It's a real shame because it sounds as though more could have been done to support you so that the DLA didn't stop until the PIP had been settled.

Get in touch with your local MP and ask them to look into this to see if there is anything that can be done to speed things up or challenge the DLA ending. It's a tricky area and you will probably need help with it.

If you want to talk some more, get in touch with me at the helpline.

Hope it all works out soon.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.