My son is 15 and getting ready for his GCSEs. He's not coping well with the all exams. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son is 15 and getting ready for his GCSEs. He's not coping well with the all exams.

sanmike7
sanmike7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2016 in Education
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hello my name is Hannah and I'm an educational psychologist.

Comments

• sanmike7
    sanmike7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Hannah my son is 15 and his getting ready for his GCSE and hes not coping well with the all exams.
    Hes brilliant and confident when it cames to crosswords or been full confident answering the questions in class. But when it comes to exams he gets nervous and forgets everything. I try everyhing nothing seems to help him. A family member advice me to find a education pyschology. Could you give a hand please. Thank you Sandra
  • EducationalPsychologist
    EducationalPsychologist Community member Posts: 118 Courageous
    Hello Sandra (sanmike7), if you are interested in employing an independent psychologist the please search www.achippp.org.uk. If I cover the area you live I am happy for you to contact me, my details are on achippp. If there are fine motor, planning, fatigue issues etc the an EP can help. If the issue is anxiety you may find a clinical psychologist more helpful. I suggest talking through with an EP in the first instance.

Brightness