We are currently exploring ways to make banking accessible for people who use Eye Gaze technology. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

We are currently exploring ways to make banking accessible for people who use Eye Gaze technology.

BarclaysAccess
BarclaysAccess Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Comments

• BarclaysAccess
    Hi Kim, we are currently exploring ways to make banking accessible for people who use Eye Gaze technology. It would be great to find out if you know anyone/anyone in this community who uses Eye Gaze technology, banks with us and might be interested in taking part in a trial? Kind regards, Kathryn - Head of Customer & Client Accessibility at Barclays
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    Hi Barclays. Have you tried asking Euan? 
    https://www.euansguide.com/about-us/euans-story/
    He has a website all about how accessible places are so is very into reviewing things or he may know someone else who can help :smile:
  • Kim_AssistiveTech
    Kim_AssistiveTech Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    edited July 2016
    Hello Kathryn,

As i work with students aged 4 to 19 their banking is primarily controlled by their parents. I will however put something out on my twitter (KimLawtherAT) and tag you in it to see if anyone else can help you find some eye gaze users that bank with Barclays. 

Sounds like really interesting work that you and Barclays are doing so I look forward to learning more about accessible banking from you!

• BarclaysAccess
    Blue Frog said:
    Hi Barclays. Have you tried asking Euan? 
    https://www.euansguide.com/about-us/euans-story/
    He has a website all about how accessible places are so is very into reviewing things or he may know someone else who can help :smile:
    Thanks very much Blue Frog, I'm pleased to say that we are already linked in to Euan's Guide. Many thanks
  • Filmac
    Filmac Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hello Kathryn,

Each eyegaze user will have specific requirements. It is much harder to access small targets with eyegaze, despite the zooming tools which are now available.
    Often eyegaze works better with the mobile version of a site as generally the targets are larger, so giving an option to access to your site mobile version through a standard browser may help.
    It may be worth you approaching companies such as SmartboxAT (thinksmartbox.com) and TobiiDynaVox (tobiidynavox.com) to see if there is a way to integrate banking pages into their communication software.  This grid based software makes eyegaze access much more straightforward.

Fil

• BarclaysAccess
    Hi Filmac, 

Thanks very much for your message and apologies for the delay in replying. 

I will pass your comments on to the Project Manager.

Thanks again!

Kind regards
    Kathryn 

Brightness