Mild-medium cerebral palsy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mild-medium cerebral palsy

adnamaz
adnamaz Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hello I'm new to this, my daughter now 6 years old was born at 26weeks with a bleed to the brain unsure of name of diagnoses and she has 3-6 monthly check ups since also has Physio daily with me and sees the Physio every month now my question Wat support is there out there because I never knew she had cp I don't remember any1 talkin to me about it, I only found out because was told to put a claim in for dla and since then my Physio has been helpful by helpin me fill it in and told me about cp it makes a lot of sense since reading about it, sorry to go on for a long time 

Comments

• PeteFletch
    PeteFletch Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hey adnanaz,

The first step is get back to the doctors and ask for a neurologist referral. Mine has been great for me, they help with things like insoles (if needed to help walking), physio and any other treatment. They seem to make it go through a bit faster than a GP would as well. 

Hope this helps x
  • adnamaz
    adnamaz Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I'm in Warwickshire, she has a Physio and insoles 
  • Jackie
    Jackie Community member Posts: 24 Connected

Hi Adnamaz

If you need any more support, advice or information on cp and local services which may be able to help please do contact our helpline on 0808 800 3333 or email them at helpline@scope.org.uk and ask to be put in touch with the local Information and Advice Worker.

Brightness