Anyone know a good patient trainer for setting up a website please? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone know a good patient trainer for setting up a website please?

Options
verite
verite Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2016 in Education
Have had cancer, which means I can't go out to work.  However, I like writing and would like to set up a website for other cancer patients, with hints and tips on dealing with problems such as NHS bureaucracy!
Does anyone know how I can contact an IT trainer who will do home visits for a fee and uses 'normal' language? 

Comments

• Stripes
    Stripes Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options

Dear Veritie

My name is Ian Jones and I work Scope as a Information and Advice Worker and responsible for responding to posts that people make.

As a Disabled person myself I have learnt to think outside of the box, if you are looking to help you write a web page, have you thought of contacting the head of Information Technology  at  your local college.

They may know of students who are doing courses around writing a Web page or doing a course on computers,

The student may welcome the opportunity as part of their course supporting someone to write a web page. (they may even do it free of charge)

If you feel comfortable in doing something like this then I would drop an email to your local college to see what response you get.

I hope this helps

Regards

Ian

• verite
    verite Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Ian

Thanks  that is a really sensible suggestion and I am off to Google and search straight away.

Verite

Brightness