piedro footwear stiffeners - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

piedro footwear stiffeners

2»

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Sounds a good plan - glad to hear you are making progress with this.

Thanks for the update

Noah
  • adamlathamsmith
    adamlathamsmith Community member Posts: 54 Connected
    edited January 2016
    i have thought could the reason why i may need footwear with more support be i have hyper mobility in feet etc but very very mild so the hospail did pick any thing up how can i found this myself before i go back
    i know test is for you touches the forearm when bent backwards i only do this on side
  • Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    edited January 2016
    I should think so, yes.
    See link
    http://hypermobility.org/help-advice/physio-and-occupational-therapy/supports-orthotics/

Your podiatrist/ orthotist will be able to test for hypermobility of ankle joint etc if you talk to them about either your suspicion that you have it or indeed if you have previously been diagnosed with a mild form you should talk to your podiatrist/orthotist about it. A physiotherapist can also test for hypermobility. It would also show up in blood work, so you could ask your GP to get a blood test.

• adamlathamsmith
    edited January 2016
    no one has ever said if i have hyper mobility and have not been tested
  • Stayce
    edited January 2016
    Okay - its just in your previous post it reads as if you are saying that you have very mild hypermobility but hospital did/didn't (?) pick anything up . In that case you should perhaps follow the advice in my previous post - talk to podiatrist/ orthotist or physio about your concerns/ suspicion or ask for GP to run some blood work.
  • adamlathamsmith
    can hypermobility have problems in one put of the body in my case just knees and legs if do have it but i ask them when i go also can it come on at any time
  • adamlathamsmith
    can you have hypermobility in just low body in my case ankle with out pain as i thick my bed bored line if i do have it
  • Stayce
    According to the link I sent before. Hypermobile individuals will commonly present with flat foot. Take a look at this http://hypermobility.org/help-advice/physio-and-occupational-therapy/supports-orthotics/

Would be best to talk to your orthotist or physio to get assessment or go to GP and ask for a blood test for it, as if you have hypermobility certain markers will be present in your blood work

Hope that helps. Let us know how you get on.
  • adamlathamsmith
    edited April 2016
    i have try stander piedro Rehabilitation boots but were there there are to low on the ankle line to give me the full support that i need also i feeling even more support is need then Rehabilitation stiffens so i am now going to get the high stability boots
    i am going on holiday soon to disney world florida and will order them then as i can't get them in uk will there be to ok in the hot heat etc 
  • Stayce
    I should think they will be fine in the heat. I have worn trainer boots and lycra splints in the Florida sun, so I should think high stability piedro boots will be fine in the heat however reinforced they are.
  • adamlathamsmith
    i have order some piedro boots from USA and will pick them up when out but how stiff are the 100% stability  boots 

Brightness