Hi I'm new here. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm new here.

plummy70
plummy70 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hello I'm the Mum to 2 boys with autism, one severely who also has ADHD and associated learning difficulties. Now he's getting older  and bigger I'm worrying about  the future and what help will be out there for him. We have no outside help from social services or anything and I don't know where to turn for help and advice. 

Comments

• JenniferU
    JenniferU Community member Posts: 108 Pioneering
    edited July 2016
    Hi @plummy70 - welcome to the community! 

I hope you find lots of people to connect with. For starters, why not have a look at the guest posts: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/blog

And find some discussion around a topic that interests you: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories

Also, don't forget to add a profile picture, the whole community looks like a more friendly place with real photos. 
    @YoungCarerOverHere is one of our lovely community champions and has lots of lived experience of family life with a sibling with autism and ADHD. 

@MaryB might also be able to offer you some guidance about support available at school. 

@Socksoff and @Naomi can also offer advice from a parent perspective. 

Best wishes
    Jen

• socksoff
    socksoff Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Hi Plummy70 - welcome to the forum.  It sounds hard that you are not getting any support.  I was wondering how old your boys are and whether they have statements or Education, Health and Care Plans?  I have a 13 year old with autism and severe learning difficulties and it's been very hard along the way - we also have no family support - but now that we are linked in to things and he is at special school, things are getting better.  
  • OlliHannah
    OlliHannah Community member Posts: 30 Connected

Hi Plumm08y70

I'm really sorry to hear that you're not getting any support. I don't know what area you live in but if you contact Scope's helpline on 0808 800 3333 they may be able to put you in touch with a local Information & Advice Worker who can help you to find some local support :-)

• Kara01little
    Kara01little Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Ok thank you for that I'll see how we get on with our new OT Julie badger from sleaford CWD team.
  • OlliHannah
    OlliHannah Community member Posts: 30 Connected

I hope it goes really well with Julie :-) Just remember that Scope is here to help at any time

Brightness