Are any independent eye gaze tutors in Manchester who could work with my son? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are any independent eye gaze tutors in Manchester who could work with my son?

jewlz40
jewlz40 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Comments

• jewlz40
    Hi Kim, I am new to the group so not sure about posting questions etc. I am from Manchester and wanted to know if there are any independent eye gaze tutors who could work with my 17 year old son with severe C.P
  • Kim_AssistiveTech
    Kim_AssistiveTech Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Hi jewlz40,

First of all sorry my delay in replying.

I don't know of any individual tutors based in Manchester, there is however the ACE Centre in Oldham that may be able to help you. They offer assessment, post assessment support and training. They may also know of people locally who could offer tutoring.

I will however ask through social media if anyone knows of an individual who may be able to help and post again if I get any results.

Thanks for your question and I hope the ACE Centre are able to help you and your son.
  • jewlz40
    Ok, thanks for your response.  I will try ACE

Juliet 
  • SensationCTS
    SensationCTS Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    HI,

I am new to the group and have just seen  your post. I provide eye gaze tuition and have my own equipment that  I use to demonstrate to the user how to achieve things so that they can follow. I also have equipment that your son can use at the same time if he does not have an eye gaze device of his own. My number is 07790648338. I am based in Nottingham but can travel to Manchester.

Sean

Brightness