reviewing pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

reviewing pip

buffster
buffster Community member Posts: 3 Connected
What I would like to know is why would they ask a person on pip.to fill out anothere claims former and go for another review? Are they just reviewing or is there somethingoing else going on. This person has been on pip just under 3 years.

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Buffster,

PIP is subject to regular reviews and much depends on how long the PIP award was in the first place. Check the decision letter and this will tell you how long the PIP was awarded for and when to expect a review. The DWP can review at any point throughout the award period and they can start the review process a year before the fixed term award ends. It all gets a bit confusing doesn't it!

If you've been advised that the PIP claim is being reviewed, you should provide all of the information requested and if you need help with this a local advice agency should be able to assist you with this. If you need help finding some local advice, let me know which part of the country you live in and I'll see what services are available.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • buffster
  • buffster
    Hi Debbie was wondering if I was able to work 10 hours a week how would this effect my pip and my daughters carer allowance. I have several back problems but I was thinking about sitting on a checkout for a few hours  a day. I am betier at managing the pain these days and not doing nothing is driving me mad.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Buffster, It's possible to work and claim PIP at the same time. PIP is designed to help with some of the extra costs associated with disability. If you do take up work you will have to let the DWP know because this is a change in your circumstances. It could trigger a re-assessment particularly if the work you carry out contradicts what you have been assessed as being able to do (or not do) within the remit of the activity descriptors. This is not to say you will lose entitlement but it would be a good idea to weigh up the pros and cons before you start looking for work. As long as you remain entitled to PIP your daughter will be able to continue receiving Carers Allowance. If you're receiving ESA you can carry out permitted work without your earnings affecting your ESA. I can give you more information about this if you're currently receiving ESA. I think it's admirable that you want to get out to work and I hope that you are able to access all the support you need to ensure this happens. I'm on hand if you need any further advice. Do keep me posted on progress too :) Good luck and best wishes Debbie
  • Philip
    Philip Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    When reviewing your PIP you need to be careful, myself & others have had PIP ended purely because we said our condition had worsened, we had to submit a new claim 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.