My DLA stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My DLA stopped

annsgems
annsgems Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I need to how to get help for a tribunal appeal need support to had DLA since 2014 they decided havent met the. points I'm really angry in so much pain

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi annsgems,

I'm so sorry to hear about your PIP.

When did you receive the decision?
    Have you had/or have you requested a Mandatory Reconsideration?

For local advice check our Services Directory and this will bring up your nearest advice service. https://www.scope.org.uk/Support/services-directory 

You can also get advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or your local council.

If you need some help finding a local advice service, let me know and I can assist you with this.

Best wishes
    Debbie

• ajchm
    ajchm Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    You first ask for reconsideration, make sure you attach copies of any relevant paperwork. If this isn't successful you proceed to tribunal - you will need as much evidence as possible that you have difficulties in the various points awarding areas. We did go to tribunal and were successful without any help
  • Debbie_Alumni
    ajchm said:
    You first ask for reconsideration, make sure you attach copies of any relevant paperwork. If this isn't successful you proceed to tribunal - you will need as much evidence as possible that you have difficulties in the various points awarding areas. We did go to tribunal and were successful without any help
    Great news that you went to tribunal without help and were successful. Thank you for sharing your experience, it's really helpful to others going through the same process.

How did you find the tribunal hearing? A lot of people are very anxious about the prospect of attending a hearing and I'm sure it would be helpful if you could tell us a little bit more about what happened on the day.

Thanks for joining the discussion :)
  • AlisoS1
    AlisoS1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I to have had my DLA stopped after many years and now been turn down for PiP.  The accessor told lies and now im left angry and upset.   
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Hi @AlisoS1,

Welcome to the community and sorry to see that you've not been awarded PIP.

If you haven't already seen the information on the website about Appealing a DWP decision, please take a look and if you need further advice, get in touch with the helpline.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AlisoS1, and welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. As Debbie says, do check out the advice above and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
  • AlisoS1
    AlisoS1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have the written statement ready to send to ask for the tribunal however im a little scared about doing this.  I have never had my disability question before i was born with spinabiffida  so find it difficult to see how they would lie in my accessment or suggest i could do half the things they mention. 

Brightness