Should I reapply for PIP? Scores were incorrect — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I reapply for PIP? Scores were incorrect

bykerbabe04
bykerbabe04 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2016 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am a 53 year old lady, I love pets and have a dog, cat and several fish. I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I applied for PIP a few weeks ago and didn't get it, however when I read the scores and what I was supposed to have told them was incorrect. I was on a life support machine 2 yrs ago and do not take control of my medication, my partner leaves my daily meds and hides the rest so I don't have a repetition of the same. When I read my letter back they said I could manage my own medication and I didn't say that. I have been quite unwell recently and I think the time for me to do a reconsider letter has past. Shall I reapply?? 

Comments

• BillyNolan378
    BillyNolan378 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    You can appeal the decision. I had to wont go into the reason. But what happened was I had s telephone call interview from a d.w.p. manager I explained that I didn't agree with one or two things. Same as you and he changed it in my favour.So yes go for it.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @bykerbabe04,

Sorry to hear about your PIP decision. How long has it been since you had the decision?

It might be possible to appeal but first you have to go through the Mandatory Reconsideration process. If you want to talk about this in more detail please get in touch with us at the helpline and we can look at your options. 0808 800 3333 or email helpline@scope.org.uk

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • shelliemarie
    shelliemarie Community member Posts: 57 Listener
    billy nolan how did you manage that appeal
  • Dorothy
    Dorothy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I have had the same problem with PIP appeals I have now had to reapply and need help filling in the form everything I said was changed by them it has become a nightmare and I feel like giving up
  • BillyNolan378
    billy nolan how did you manage that appeal
    Hi I got low mobility changed to high rate.Dont get me wrong you do have to fight. But dont give up.
  • BillyNolan378
    I have just had my review 2 days ago. It must be one of the most stressful things for the whole family. How do people with say high blood pressure or heart trouble cope?
    Anyhow I am so worried if the worst thing happens and I have my pip lowed...As my wife has also been informed that sheis to be made redundant. Help dont know who to turn too.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Hi @BillyNolan378

Try not to panic, hard I know, but we can talk you through all the help available. If there has been no change in your condition since your last award, there should be no problems with the review. 

Really sorry to hear about your wife's redundancy. Having been through redundancy myself I know what a worrying and stressful time it is. Try to take things one day at a time and if you need some help working out what help is available after redundancy or if you need help with your PIP, let me know.

Best wishes
    Debbie 
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Dorothy said:
    Hi I have had the same problem with PIP appeals I have now had to reapply and need help filling in the form everything I said was changed by them it has become a nightmare and I feel like giving up
    Hi @Dorothy,

Sorry to hear this. Have you managed to find some help with the forms?
    Check our Services Directory to see if there are any local information services which can assist you. https://www.scope.org.uk/Support/services-directory

You can also get help from your local Citizens Advice Bureau and some councils have Welfare Rights teams that can help with form filling. If you get stuck let me know and I'll help you find somewhere local.

Best wishes
    Debbie 
  • dog2749
    dog2749 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I just had my pip  assessment don't agree with some of the  points they have given me could I ask them why without  losing  more points

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.