Looking for swifty special needs pushchair - where can I buy one in the UK — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for swifty special needs pushchair - where can I buy one in the UK

harley9671
harley9671 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm looking for a swifty special needs pushchair. Does anyone have one and if so where can you buy them in the uk. Also is there any grants funding towards such an item. I myself am disabled and can't afford the cost of £1500 plus for this buggy but it's the best one for his needs 

Comments

• Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    I think most people get them from wheelchair services, have you checked you can't get one for your child through them? If they won't give your child what you think is best some areas give a voucher to part fund a privately bought chair. But watch out they won't service/repair it if bought via vouchers and you only get one every few years so if not suitable you are a bit stuck. 

There are sometimes second hand special needs trolleys on EBay, and there are several buy/sell/swap groups on Facebook and I have seen a few swifty's recently. Special needs pushchairs and special needs buy/sell/swap are good groups 

new life is a charity that helps sometimes with funding. 
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    http://www.disabledliving.co.uk/kidz/north This is coming up might be worth a look if you are nearby 

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.