Reapplied for PIP after having it totally cut — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reapplied for PIP after having it totally cut

Options
lottie42
lottie42 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2016 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have multiple complex medical needs and physical ones plus severe depression. I was on higher rate personal PIP and lower physical until this January when a medical ruled I had no points I 'looked fine'. Yes I do unless you come closely and look where my six artificial jaw joints went in and my brain surgery was but I had my walking stick and I don't even know how big a yard is! Anyway I then reapplied didn't do the forms in time due to a major personal crisis and now have applied again just got the forms in and now waiting. All I get is ESA it doesn't even cover my rent. I cannot work I am in major pain. I am dreading if I have to have a medical at the same place! Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @lottie42,

Thanks for your post.

I'm really sorry to hear about the PIP decision and the financial difficulties you're experiencing. 

Did you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration of the PIP decision when you received it? Did you seek advice at the time? It seems a shame that you've had to go through the process of reapplying when you had appeal rights. I'd like to learn more about what happened.

It might be possible to lodge a late appeal if you can show good cause but I need to find out more from you to see if this is going to be the best way forward for you.

If you don't want to tell me more on the community, get in touch with me at the helpline on 0808 800 3333 or email helpline@scope.org.uk. Mark your email for me and please include your username so I can identify you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Debbie
  • Philip
    Philip Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Options
    You can contact the company that does the assessment, they can change your venue, as for the looking fine excuse, that is absolutely disgusting
  • Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 185 Pioneering
    Options
    this will help you with your appeal - http://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool
  • julierose
    julierose Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    well i scored 0 on all which i find rather amusing ..0 for being able to plan and go on a journey erm they had to come to me because i cant do this .mobilty can walk 200mts aided or unaided ..lol i spend most of my time in doors and have to rely on others to take me out an  push wheelchair as i have weak upper body as well ..personally i think this is a lottery 1 in 100 will get the rest have to appeal ..well im not bothering  i hate having to be on benefits as is im not begging for them ..it will be hard and cause a lot of financial difficulties and for many of us cut the use of some agencies ..but there we go  thats what we get for allowing usa companies to run our  benefits agencies .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.