PIP - How do I get a mandatory review? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - How do I get a mandatory review?

Options
tillbuds
tillbuds Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have just had my pip stopped,how do I go about getting a mandatory review,I have injuries to both my hands,deaf in my left ear,over active thyroid,soft bone disease,depression,I was seen a doctor for the dwp last year and was awarded esa cause of my injuries and conditions,then all of a sudden a nurse comes out to c me for pip and I get it stopped,really don't understand this and am feeling worried and vulnerable many thanks 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello 

My name is Maria, and I work for the Benefits Training Co, we work with Scope.

You can request a Mandatory Reconsideration by telephoning PIP and stating that you want a mandatory reconsideration or  you can send  a letter making this request.  

Importantly you must request a mandatory reconsideration within 1 month of the date of the PIP decision. You can however make a late request. Please post a further comment if your PIP decision letter was more than 1 month ago.

Your request must:
    -  detail you national insurance number 
    - say that you want a mandatory reconsideration of the PIP decision
    - state the date of the decision you are challenging
    - say why you disagree with the PIP decision e.g. due to depression i lack motivation to eat or cook and need someone to encourage me.
    - attach any evidence e.g.  a GP letter if it helps your case

Once your mandatory reconsideration is received a decision maker from PIP may then contact you by phone to explain how they reached their decision. You maybe asked if you still want to challenge the decision, if you remain unhappy please state this.   

You will be notified in writing of the Mandatory Reconsideration decision.  I hope that you will be successful, but if not then you can appeal this decision.  You must lodge an appeal within 1 month of the date of the mandatory reconsideration decision, but it maybe worth seeking further advice at this stage. 

I wish you luck, 

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.