pregnant with cerebral palsy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pregnant with cerebral palsy

kvcp
kvcp Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2016 in Cerebral palsy
Hi there, I was just wondering whether anyone else out there who has CP has experienced unusual pain during pregnancy. I have mild cp, affecting my right side. It causes me to walk with a slight limp and my fine motor skills on my right side are not very strong. I'm 5 months pregnant and since the beginning have experienced abdominal pain and cramps; some days very little and some days extremely strong. The baby is developing fine and numerous scans have shown nothing wrong with my body. My physio thinks that perhaps it is related to the CP: all muscles are connected and therefore tightness is my my right sided muscles could be having a knock on effect on the already stretching muscles in my uterus. I'm hoping this is the case as although a bit uncomfortable it wouldn't mean I'd go into labour early or that the baby is in danger (senarios my midwife frightened me with). I know each pregnancy is so different, but anyone else felt anything like this? Would love to hear about other women's experiences 

Comments

Brightness