Support for half term holiday — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support for half term holiday

raxa
raxa Community member Posts: 37 Connected
My son stay at residental place and come home for half term break, I need some help for spending time with him.

Comments

• InformationSupportWorker
    InformationSupportWorker Community member Posts: 15 Connected

Hello Raxa

It's good to hear from you on the community. Half term does come around so quickly. Can I ask what part of the country you are in and how old your son is? that will give me a better idea of what you can do. Also what does he like to do.

Warm wishes

Vicky 

• raxa
    Hi Vicky he likes going to the gum, he used to have support from Mancap, and the carrer was taking him out but unfortunately the support is,not there anymore. 
  • InformationSupportWorker
    InformationSupportWorker Community member Posts: 15 Connected

Hello Raxa

Thanks for replying - was the Support Worker from Mencap part of your son's support package from Social Care? if they were then the funding should be still there unless your son's circumstances have changed. If you would like to discuss this further please email me via the Helpline at helpline@scope.org.uk.

Best wishes

Vicky

• raxa
    Hi Vicky

I am really frustrated, angry, and upset,  my son is 23 years he was at residental placement for 3 years Derwen College Shropshire, finished in placement in July 2017.  He was at harrow college he want there for 2 weeks he did like it there, there was no support for him.  After no help from social worker or SEN team it's been 7 months I haven't found anything for him, his getting isolated, I would appreciate if could help me find Therapiest could work with.

Brightness