Recently applied for PIP, it's really upset me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recently applied for PIP, it's really upset me

lysia
lysia Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited November 2016 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I recently applied for pip what a nitemare lots disabilities can anyone advise assessment was done and report showed complete utter lies it's really upset me I've worked 30 years my doctor told me to go for  pip 

Comments

• unwiselady
    unwiselady Community member Posts: 8 Listener

It is a nightmare scenario and unbelievable until you have to apply for benefits.

You will empathise with the Ken Loach film I, Daniel Blake.  It is a great divide in this country and so many who suffer no impairment or disability have notions like  I recall 40 years ago working for Social Security now the DWP only I think much worse in its deliberate attempts to catch you out. or prove using a tool kit of irrelevant questions unspecific to your disability which give positive tick box answers hence, you are deemed "fit to

• vbdl201544
    vbdl201544 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Feeling abandoned by society because I was hit on the head while working for Sandwell Mbc as a Youth Worker, a client threw a table tennis bat. Spent everyday feeling pain since. I wear handsplints, walk with crutches and find it very hard to stand especially at public transport stops. The Government have refused to help. The Gmb union refused to help. Nobody will accept responsibility for what happened. I can't afford to fight through the legality of this injustice. No one can undo what has happened but they could do a lot more than ignore my plea for help to a) get electric chair (this will initially help me get about to seek work further afield) b)once securing employment I can downsize thus releasing a three bed house, to a family and find myself a more suitable accommodation for the remainder of my life. Having said this, I suffer from diagnosed Arthritis, incontinence, and Fibromyalga. (61 year old widow since 1997). Started paid work at 15, from 35 onwards have worked in short term contracts. Thus unable to have built up a sustainable pension. yours Vicky.
    This is the common trend brought about by the current Government who doesn't accept the responsibility for those that work for them or worked for them. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Almost everyone states that assessors lie in their reports - mine did blatantly.  I have asked for a mandatory reconsideration, pointing out the lies, as well as other discrepancies.  Be interesting to see if DWP comment on the lies and/or on other discrepancies.  If their decision comes back the same, I'll appeal to a tribunal.

The point is not to allow the DWP to fob you off but to appeal and take your appeal as far as you can.  There is help available to make appeals - Scope, CAB and Disability Rights websites for starters.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 210 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Lysia, I completely agree with Matilda's advice. Ask for a mandatory reconsideration, insist on getting that - it's a written notice called a mandatory reconsideration notice. Then appeal to a tribunal if you need to. It's a good idea to get more support at that stage from someone who could write your appeal 'submission' - the bundle of evidence that goes to the tribunal. Citizens Advice or another local charity might be able to help.

Also consider making a complaint about the lies and inconsistencies in the report. Both companies involved (Atos and Capita) have a complaints procedure - you can find out how to write to them by following the links.

They don't make it easy & challenging the decision is exhausting but I really hope you'll be able to take this further and get the right result. 

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.