PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

peterchahal
peterchahal Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I HAD A PIP INTERVIEW TWO WEEKS AGO WHEN DO I GET A DECISION ON MY CLAIM

Comments

• maggie54
    maggie54 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    My husbands took about 6 weeks 
  • peterchahal
    peterchahal Community member Posts: 6 Listener
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Peterchahal

Processing times vary but the most recent statistics show that it takes an average of 11 weeks to get a decision. This is 11 weeks from the time the initial phone call is made. Another statistic is 7 weeks from the time the DWP refers the case for an assessment.

I hope you get the right decision but if you think it might be wrong then contact us again as soon as you can.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• shazzirvine7180
    shazzirvine7180 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    My husbands decision took 10 weeks from date of home assessment!! Only to be kept on the low rate he was getting on dla. Even though since then he has had a heart attack and the aneurism in his head has grown. And the report from the accessor which was with the decision is totally alien to the assessment  that that took place in our home
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    @peterchahal Hi Peter, have you heard from the DWP yet?

Let us know if we can help with anything.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    peterchahal - if it goes to longer that 3 months it is worth thinking about a complaint. PIP delays used to be a real problem but they have been getting better so do follow it up if it is much longer than the average.

shazzirvine7180 it is possible to complain to ATOS/Capita if you don't agree with the assessment and feel it doesn't represent what happened at the assessment. Also, if you think your husband isn't on the right rate of PIP, you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration and then appeal if necessary. It might be worth looking at the PIP self-test to see if you agree with the points he has been given. 

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.