Guest post: Are there enough disabled role models in schools? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Guest post: Are there enough disabled role models in schools?

2»

Comments

• JGM
    JGM Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    edited December 2016
    Stupid thing froze again....if only I were allowed to serve?Why is it all sports have to o be so scrupulously fair but life can be so unfair? I won't undergo therapy that seeks to convince me Capitalism's fair because it isn't.It makes sense that people like the Indians and the Chinese accept it because they believe in reincarnation,so,it's like footballers changing ends at half time,or a chess master using black,he'll have the advantage of playing with the white pieces next time,but,for those of us who don't believe on an immortal soul it's very annoying to see other people born better off than you.

• JGM
    I know what'll happen,the same as happens every time,on January the6th I 'all feel a little better,Dr Okolo won't believe me when I tell him how bad I was feeling in December,he'll tell me to keep on taking the same old meds,then on January the 7th I'll start feeling worse again and zI'll have to wait until April before I can see him again and get another chance to convince him how lousey I feel.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    It can be really difficult in getting your symptoms across to doctors, have you tried writing your symptoms down as you feel them and then taking that list with you to the doctor? 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JGM
    I saw a G.P. he asked about my C.P.N. I told him I didn't have one so he told me to phone the hospital,I said it was pointless as they never had any appointments,but he said they'd see me in an emergency,so I phoned,the and we machine just said "4", I assumed it was the last word of a message either telling me to call before or after 4pm,when I finally got through the receptionist told Mr they'd been having problems with the computer,she said they'd call me back tomorrow,the next day she called me back I was right,no appointments,I hate life,I feel lousey and I can't see a doctor,if I'd been born into a rich family and could afford to go private I,'d be seen within 24 hours,but,I'm just a grotfy little pleb,so if I feel lousey,tough luck,what's the point in being born if you're going to be born onto the proletariat?
  • JGM
    Stupid spell checker,"the receptionist told me.." not "..told Mr.."
  • Sam_Alumni
    Im sorry you are feeling so down @JGM did they tell you when an appointment was available?
    Scope
  • JGM
    edited December 2016
    I had an appointment for the 6th of January,they can't see me before then,they never have any spare appointments,the G.P. thought they might squeeze me in,but no,that's why I didn't phone the hospital,they never have a spare appointment,I thought if I saw my G.P. he'd see how ill I was and persuade my psychiatrist to see me,buy the N.H.S is stretched to breaking point,I saw my local A&E on the regional news a week ago,they said we're not allowed to get ill or have accidents because there's a huge backlog at A&E and they need us to stay away till they can clear the backlog,they're deliberately tuning down the N.H.S. so they can sell it to their friends in the private sector and we'll be left with an insurance based system like they have in America.I got through to the Duty Professional,his advice,apparently I'll feel better if I stop worrying,I wake up worried,I can't control it,he says I need to east breakfast,in the mornings I'm worried sick,if I tried to eat I'd puke,anyway,I weigh over 18 stone,missing my brekie isn't going to give me malnutrition, the days I need to go out and met people and make friends,if The Sir Henry Doulton School Of Sculpture hadn't gone bust I'd've met people with the same interests as me,maybe I'd even have had a girlfriend,who knows,but,the government chose to bail the bankers out and let the legitimate economy go bust.Why did the bankers get a bailout? If I put my life savings on Fancyboy and he fell at the 5th so I wrote to The Chancellor Of The Exchequer asking him if I could have my steak money back do you think he'd give me any money?Would he heck as like!So,why did the bankers get their money back?I want the friends and the life I would've had if The Sir Henry Doulton School Of Sculpture hadn't folded.
  • JGM
    Get I'll,I meant to type "get..." I meant the word for unwell that looks a bit like I'll,bloody auto correct spell checker!
  • Sam_Alumni
    I have edited that for you.
    Scope
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Hey @JGM   How did your appointment go?
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    As if telling you not to worry is going to help...they obviously dont have a clue.   How are you doing @JGM? You sounds really interesting  :)

Brightness