PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal

Options
robqpr1961
robqpr1961 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2016 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have just received notification of my mandatory reconsideration for pip and they have not altered the decision and still are saying that I can walk more than 50m which is rubbish and was wondering whether it is worth appealing 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Take a look at the pages on Scope's website which links to resources to help with PIP appeals. You can even find the SSCS1 form which you will need if you proceed to tribunal. http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/money/pip

Our member @Matilda recently said "Many members have posted recently that their PIP claims have been turned down. According to Disability Rights, 60 per cent of those who appeal win. So make sure you appeal and don't give up hope."
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi robqpr1961

I would agree that in a lot of cases it is worth appealing but it is also worth pointing out that in doing so the whole of your entitlement is considered again which brings with it the risk of it being lowered as well as increased.

Medical evidence such as a letter from your GP or from a health care professional who knows you or who has treated you can also be useful in persuading the DWP or a tribunal to change the decision in your favour.

I hope that helps and please post back on here if you need any further advice about appealing.

Best wishes

Paul 
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I thought that if a tribunal is thinking of lowering a PIP award they have to advise the claimant in advance - at which point the claimant can then withdraw their appeal and keep the PIP rates already awarded?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.