Hi, I need help over hate incident but police ain't taking it seriously - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I need help over hate incident but police ain't taking it seriously

Options
2»

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are you getting on @deeoconnor36
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • deeoconnor36
    deeoconnor36 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    Police have been have got social services included and regularly meetings have been taken place 
     o:) Deanne O'Connor 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deeoconnor36
    deeoconnor36 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    Lol u joking ain't ya, they just got a warning and that is it, but it's been quiet since November thank god, we had extra help from council with new lighting outside, it's been better all around now 
     o:) Deanne O'Connor 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fingers crossed things will carry on being quiet for you @deeoconnor36 !
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Fundamentalist
    Fundamentalist Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    Options
    Hi from Fm. I couldn't agree more with DannyMoore. Don't let the police get away with treating you like some kind of imbecile. I have had similar nonsense for absolutely decades from more than one police force, not just the local ones. In my long experience they never want to know unless you end up DEAD! I've seen loads of other such outrageous incidents on the regional TV news and it's always the same standard story, so keep on the police's back and don't let them treat you like an idiot. In my experience you have to keep at it and keep complaining to them and always get a log number and keep it so you can help them find it quicker on their system, otherwise they'll forget. Disabled folk are human like anyone else and in this nation have RIGHTS! And do keep a meticulous diary of events recording as much detail as possible like times, dates, locations, vehicle registrations, etc., as you might need it later in court and then you'll have a load of evidence. I've had serious aggro for absolutely decades and I won't stand for it, I used to get mistaken for a gay person and constantly hounded for it all over, not just locally and then later on I was also falsely accused of being a filthy child molesting pervert which is why I've had to become so rigidly hard line and it affects my personality as some folk on here have already noticed. I've also had windows smashed for decades including only a few months back so much so that I'm having to spend part of my savings on removing all my glass and replacing it with other stuff which won't break so if they turn up with bricks in future they'd better wear a hard hat as they'll need one as the brick will most likely bounce back and whack them on the head and serve them right if it does! I can't say on here what I think of those who taunt disabled folk, I won't stand for it and I do have a right to hit back like for like if anyone starts on me, that is a basic human right, it doesn't always have to involve violence. You can complain to the local police head office and you can do it by email and there is also the IPCC. If you can afford it I would also recommend buying a little video recording device of some kind and you need to fit it on yourself securely somehow and record hard evidence which once again can be used in court. In my experience the CCTV systems on public transport are a waste of time as they only work against the victim and rarely if ever record what the perpetrator actually did as all too often the troublemakers know how to get round it and keep out of it's reach. I think it's time for more disabled folk to get together and protest and show the authorities and the media that we're not going to stand for it and it needs to be nationwide. Also the sentence for anti-disabled hate crime needs to be the same as for other hate crime, two years instead of a mere six months. Don't stand for it, get them told! I do. Fm.

Brightness