Hi, my name is oboudafcha! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is oboudafcha!

oboudafcha
oboudafcha Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi I'm new to the group, I have multiple Sclerosis finding it hard to find suitable employment. Need help!

Comments

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi @oboudafcha, welcome to the community. I've moved your question about job sites to our work and money discussions page where more people will hopefully see it - you can see the new thread here

• oboudafcha
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hello@oboudafcha how are you? I also have MS and I understand how tough everything is. If you ever want to talk leave me a message
  • mikeep1983
    mikeep1983 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Welcome!
    Mike Parris RGN
  • oboudafcha
    During my time with MS you learn the things to stay away from, things that may trigger a relapse such us colds and flu, also mood swings come and go depends though on the situation, you just start to get angry, very emotional a well whether laughing non stop or crying from for example watching a movie. Sounds silly but it's true. MS is a very unpredictable disease no two days are the same.
  • bam
    I'm not really too sure how to send messages on here yet lol. Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and happy holidays
  • oboudafcha
    Hi bam thank you, the same to you hope it's going well and fun!
  • bam
    How was your xmas?I'm the doctors and girlfriend is at work so I'm a little bored.do you like your neurologists?I really can't stand my neurologists. I hope everything is going well for you. MS is bothering me a little today. Well I hope you're feeling good today. Talk to you
  • oboudafcha
    Hi xmas was fine, I ate a lot, I don't remember the last time I saw my consultant I think he has moved on but I still see the MS nurses. I'm currently going through a relapse I think it came about from stress of job and family. I have my appointment tomorrow getting an IV steroids done.
  • bam
    @oboudafcha sorry for the late response but I kind of got caught up in my doctor stuff. I'm sorry to hear about your relapse. I'm not having a relapse but my Ms has been bothering me for a couple of months now. That's also mostly because of stress. Isn't stress
    the worst thing for your ms? I've had those steroid IVs before too and I hated them. They make my hands feel like heavy rocks. I hope you're feeling better now. I really do understand what you're going through
  • oboudafcha
    Hi what ways has your MS been bothering you? Yeah stress really affects me but I try to focus and control it it depends on the task
  • bam
    I'm having problems walking. not terrible problems walking just dragging my left foot a little bit. I have a 5 hour MRI scheduled in 3 days. Its either  Friday or Monday. My hands have been really numb too. I think stress is a huge factor in Ms. I have this girl friend who just keeps picking fights with me. It's like she has no idea that I have MS. I keep breaking up with her but she keeps coming back and back and back. Always the same promise I won't fight anymore until the next fight happens. My mom just got diagnosed with bladder cancer too so that's also messing with my MS . You know how it is
  • bam
    @oboudafcha I wanted to ask you something. I hope you can answer it too. What does the levels on here mean. What does it matter if your on level 4 or 2. Do you get to do anything more on here when your level is higher?
  • oboudafcha
    I'm sorry to hear that, stay strong I understand what you are going through. I'm sure It must be hard on your girlfriend too, seeing you in that way, but in time it will get easier, just talk to about what you going through with her it will improve her understanding get you closer. Having someone there really helps because you're not alone. 
  • bam
    I think my girlfriend really enjoys this. I don't think she cares what I'm going through when she's doing this. I've broken up with her several times in the past 3 years but she keeps coming back promisimg me it's not going to happen again and begging for another chance and because of my Ms I give her that chance hoping that this time will be different but it never is. I give her a lot of allowances because I have a ms. Sometimes I would put up with her just because I didn't want to be alone. Is going on a date some guy with a ms? Just to show you what kind of person this girl is, I told her my mother just got diagnosed with bladder cancer and that same night she started a three-day fight about Donald Trump. Why would somebody want to argue about Donald Trump for 3 days? as you know it's really tough dealing with this kind of stuff with MS. MS just makes things a little more difficult for you

Brightness