Pregnant and have a 3 yr old diagnosed with autism — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pregnant and have a 3 yr old diagnosed with autism

martakr30
martakr30 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my 3 year old son was diagnosed with autism just over week ago. I found out I'm pregnant just before the diagnosis, I'm worried about new baby and my son as well now. It would be so helpful to know that I'm not alone and there are parents which are struggling with similar problems. 

Marta

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @martakr30 welcome to the community.

We have lots of austistic people and parents and carers on the community who could offer you information and tell you about their experiences.

What in particular are you worrying about? Do you have any specific questions?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi Martakr30, we've just got the following response from a Twitter user - " Take a deep breath, try to reach out to organisations that can help and connect with other mums with similar experiences."
  • Micki
    Micki Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I was in the same position last year.  My son has autism and I was sure my baby to be was going to have it too.  A year later,  my baby doesn't have autism, he is very interactive and has incredible eye contact, and my amazing autistic 4 year old is spelling words like excavator and elephant.  Autism has been a big adventure,  but luckily we've had an amazing speech pathologist to help guide us.  If I can be of any assistance let me know.  

Brightness