mandatory letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mandatory letter

stokie
stokie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
My ESA was stopped, and the advisor told me get a letter from doctor saying why I disagree to their decision,  please could someone let me know what is expected to be written from doctor? thanks

Comments

• LDNUMBERPAIN
    LDNUMBERPAIN Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Just a suggestion, when the GP has time to listen they will describe in academic language (for any record they keep) how they understand the patient feels which  may be using different terminology to how you have worded your objections, think carefully about how you describe your symptoms and feelings to your GP because that may be what the adviser is seeking to understand.You may find Its helpful if you have not done so to google your symptoms and get some academic definitions to focus the GP on what you are saying -as applied by researchers and supported by study's.  
  • stokie
    Thank you for taking the time to reply, appreciated.
  • catchacold2
    catchacold2 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    I suggest you Ask for a copy of the assessors report asap. You do not have to wait for its arrival before you ask for or send a MR off. Just make sure the decision maker is aware that you are awaiting its arrival and that once read further evidence may be forth coming. Ask that a decision is not made until you have had a chance to do this. Keep your own copies of everything sent./said/dates /names Send everything tracked. Best Wishes
  • stokie
    Thanks.  When they rang me I told them I would be sending a letter, only verbally.

• catchacold2
    catchacold2 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Best put that in writing asap imo

• stokie
    Have sent the letter off yesterday, thank you for your help.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.